07 April 2010

Thoughts - 7th April 2010

7th April 2010
Having caught up with myself I have now relaxed as far as FMP is concerned - plus it is Easter and we are supposed to be on a break.
Have been working on updating and tweaking my website which I am very pleased with. I can see how it will become a very useful tool allowing clients to view their images in a gallery.
Am seeing the consultant at Apricot on 15th April and that will be very useful - we will be talking about business plan and making plans and preparations for a summer of test trading.
Have received all info from UCAS and Staffordshire University accepting me for the degree in digital media production. Really looking forward to it as I think it will be much more academically rigorous and more challenging - which I really need as I do feel as if I have been cruising these last 2 years (and criticised if I ever go at my full speed!)
Have been reading the two books I bought (Swiss Graphic Design and Helvetica Forever) as well as magazines that have been arriving plus a book covering a variety of photoshop skills.
I am a little worried about my photoshop skills. I know I should do everything on layers and find I do not do this as a rule - so I need to make sure I do. I also need to find a way of incorporating the things I learnt at Focus on Imaging on the Adobe stand about embedding meta data into images so that they are more easily found. This needs me to work through the way I transfer images from camera card onto PC and the workflow for doing that. It will involve using Bridge, Lightroom, Photoshop... and as yet I have not found the logical way to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment