02 April 2010

Guest Lecturer - Martin Parr

We were very lucky to have a visit from Martin Parr last week. Britain's leading comtemporary photographer finally gave me the validation I needed. No he didn't look at my portfolio and say "Yeah, great. Would you like to exhibit in my gallery". No, he stood there in front of us all and said "You can only become a good photographer if you are obsessed about photography".
Finally my speedy turn round of assignments, the presenting ideas the next day are given the validity they deserve. I may never become great, but now I hope that my obsession will at least lead to a career in a field I am obsessed with.
So next time a tutor says 'blimey Joanne don't you sleep?' then they know what answer they are going to get.
Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment