02 April 2010

Thoughts - 27th March 2010

27th March 2010
Helvetica - the Latin for Swiss.
Developed in 1957. Among one of the most widely used san serif typefaces in the world.
Some of the companies that use helvetica in their corporate design: 3M, American Airlines, BMW, Jeep, JC Penny, Lufthansa, Microsoft, Orange, Toyota, Motorola, iPhone, iPod, NASA, New York City's Transport system, British Railway signage, National Health Service, British Airports Authority, Danish Railway Co (DSB).

Helvetica is a neutral typeface. It allows the text to convey the context rather than the typeface.
MOMA in NYC exhibition 50 years of helvetica exhibition ran from April 2007 - March 2008.
Helvetica is widely considered to be the official typeface of the twentieth century. It communicates with simple well proportioned letterforms that convey clarity that is all at once universal, neutral and undeniably modern.

I need to see all the number and capitals so that I can familiarise myself with it. Cos I think I am not identifying it correctly at the moment. I need to become an expert and to be frank - a bit of a typeface nerd.


No comments:

Post a Comment