21 April 2010

Thoughts - 16th April 2010

16th April 2010
Went for a walk around Burton to look for uses of helvetica. Spoke to the Octagon Centre Manager to make sure I was OK to take photographs of the shops. After about half an hour I realised I needed to sit down for a coffee and after spending 10 minutes doing some research of ideas in Rymans - but bought nothing, just looked, I was very disciplined - I decided to return to college.
I did feel quite self-conscious taking photos it has been so long since I have been out with the camera.
I prepared 20+ images using the templates I had already set up. Steve had a look at the 20 and he liked them a lot. He thinks it will work. He found the fact that the image is behind a letter challenges the way you look at the image - do you look at what I am directing you to in the image or do you follow the shape of the letter the way you would write it.
Feel quite gee'd up by this and I also think it will work. Some images are nicer than others - which is to be expected.
There are clearly some letters that are more difficult to be creative with so I shall have be aware of those when I'm out on the street taking photographs.
If it took a day of working slowly to prepare a third of a book then I'll need 12 days to prepare all 4. This is achievable and if I start to work quicker and smarter it will be no problem at all.
I plan to take the whole week of the Bank Holiday (w/c 3rd May) to be out and about to finish off taking photographs. In the meantime I will be off out to take photographs as and when weather conditions are suitable.
Here's my favourite from the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment