03 April 2010

Thoughts - 30th March 2010

30th March 2010
Need to remember to put Design Museum into research section on Statement of Intent.
Found out that the typeface used on road signs is called Transport and the one used on signs on the motorway is called Motorway - all is good with the world. It also means that the books will not be full of images of road signs now.
Took photos on trip to Nottingham Contemporary Gallery so that I can try out the templates I have been creating. I am also trying to get my eye in to spot helvetica and saw it on: Fire exit signs, NCP car parks, M&S shop, Orange, America Apparel ad, numbers on lorries. Went to see Star City exhibition which was very good and interesting - but not interesting enough for me to want to pay £7 to go again with college on 15th Apr.
Templates:
Created all the templates for ALL the letters - upper case, lower case, numbers and symbols. I used Helvetica LT Bold to start with which although is part of the helvetica family I decided that Helvetica CE was better. It is not a chunky version of helvetica so there will not be much of the image visible but enough to show the letters.


The wrong 'a' - although chunky it's not correct.

Helvetica CE - much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment