30 April 2010

Thoughts - 29th April 2010

29th April 2010
Considered a feedback form to be available at my stand so that I could gather some information - I vaguely remember someone doing this last year and seeing people had written very tasteless things onto the form. But it might be worth thinking about.
After chatting with Chris yesterday about how to get the book brackets made and his suggestion about buying acrylic ready made ones I investigated some more online.
The benefits of the acrylic clear holders is that the book will have to be slotted into the holder and be supported vertically as well as along its bottom. I am concerned that people will be clumsy when returning the book to the shelf and they will crash to the floor.
Brought my laptop into college so that I could work on adding page numbers to ALL the template pages. As I have already created the Ashby pages and some of the Burton pages I also had to add page numbers to each of those. This took me 4 hours in total.
The mock up of the book also made me realise that I need to plan and prepare the pages ready to add text for the front of the book. For the remaining 2 hours of the day I created those pages as PSDs converted them to jpeg and printed them off. I had a look at them when I got home and realised there were some mistakes that I needed to address.
Contents will now be:
Preface- which Gary Love has confirmed he will write
Introduction- brief intro
Serif/Sans Serif- talk about the difference
History of a typeface- discuss where it all can from (Bauhaus, Swiss Design)
How to recognise helvetica- a guide to
Images- broken down into a-z; A-Z; 0-9 and symbols
Acknowledgements
Bibliography.

No comments:

Post a Comment