21 April 2010

Thoughts - 20th April 2010

20th April 2010
Sent an email to Hardy Signs asking about acrylic lettering / poster for my exhibition space. I need to find out how much it is likely to cost; make sure they will be able to produce something by the deadline of 28th May and see if they have any better ideas of how to create what I am after.
Sent an email to a Carve Marketing and Design agency for a price for the exhibition space letters / poster - so that I can do a comparison. I also asked them for a price for the 'postcards in a pouch' idea.
Sent an email to Gary Love to ask if he wanted to write a piece for the preface for the books. I gave him till the end of this week to say whether he was interested and his deadline for words would have to be 10th May. This is the date I have decided I shall send the books to Blurb.
Set up a home studio to get some images of products that I can use as backup images for any of the books. Also took some still life images as I need to boost that side of my portfolio as I am getting some interest in my services in that area. To this end I have booked studio for 2 hours on Thursday afternoon to capture some product shots. If I get on with the marketing in the way I have in my head at the moment then I will be creating some mini portfolios that can be tailored to suit each client.
Decided to back everything up today which is a huge drain on the day. But once I start getting busy on taking photographs and processing them ready to go into the book I wont have time to do this sort of tidying up and admin. I find that I can only get on with things when I know that all the admin is in place and sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment