07 May 2010

Thoughts - 2nd May 2010

2nd May 2010
Had the whole day to myself and apart from sorting out my horse in the afternoon I could concentrate on working and researching ideas for the text pages for the Books. I watched the Gary Hustwit film - Helvetica - again and got lots more ideas. Also the more I watch it the more I am learning - it is amazing how much information you miss on watching something just once. I watched it this time taking notes as I need to find words and ideas for the short, pithy introduction page that I want to write.
I started too create a list of all the companies that use helvetica in their logo. It is an enormous list.
Ordered the Lars Muller book 'Homage to a typeface' from Amazon and am hoping there will be some useful information in that along with some fabulous photographs.
Spent a large part of the day uploading my created pages for Ashby onto Booksmart software ready to go to Blurb. I did this so I could check that the jpegs I had created were not too big for the 10x8 pages. It is a good job I did this as some of the information was appearing in the pink 'trim' area so I spent a bit of time resizing the pages. It is looking good though and has easily got to the 160 sides required so that the soft cover Book has a spine.
I do need to rethink the covers for the book as I don't think them all looking almost identical will be right. People will think I have just had 4 copies of one book created. So I will think about how to make them distinguished. Perhaps a coat of arms or local icon can be used. Will think about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment