21 May 2010

Thoughts - 20th May 2010

20th May 2010
Working out how the exhibition stand will work now that I have changed the look/design of the books and the imagery. Had confirmation that the space will be 7 feet by 4 feet 2133mm deep x 1212mm wide. Now I have this I can decide how to lay things out.
The top poster (helvetica*) needs to be 304mm deep x 1212mm wide and the a b c posters need to be A2. I printed out shapes to scale to see how all the component parts would work together. Decided that I need to have more control over the letters because it is important that they sit on the same baseline and if I am sticking 3 posters onto a wall they will not follow the same line. Created the a b c as one poster and this will need to be 594mm deep x 1212mm wide.
Need to source options on where to get two large posters like this printed - costings and timescale.


Contacted Mr Love and said if I do not have his words before 2pm I would be sending the books to the printers without his preface. He replied saying could I wait until tomorrow morning as he was in London - I said yes. I will go into college in the morning and then go home to deal with Mr Love's words and create the pages for the book and then send the books to Blurb.

Ordered the acrylic holders 3 x A4 book holder; 2 x business card holder; 2 x DL leaflet holder.


Realised preview night (18th June) is 4 weeks away. I thought it was 3 - so now I have less panic. Blurb can take 2 weeks so I don't mind waiting for Mr Love. His original deadline was 10th May ... it's all about man management and you have to build in tine for people to miss deadlines. It is the hardest part of any project to deal with the intangibles.

No comments:

Post a Comment