28 May 2010

Thoughts - 27th May 2010

27th May 2010
Ordered loads more stuff just to make sure I have chucked as much as possible as I can to this project. Very excited about it all arriving and putting it all together. I now have a business card holder for each book so that the asterisk idea is on each one. I have created a 'story of helvetica' postcard and ordered 60 from Moo. I have also created a helvetica timeline which I might print off myself as a postcard. I reorganised the helvetica items for sale leaflet and ordered some double sided paper from ink2paper and I will print those off myself. I asked at the college shop if they did colour copying to get them printed at college as all the online places I tried do not do short run orders. The college shop said "Yes we do colour copying - but not for students." Well that surprised me, I shall take my business elsewhere. The college shop can do the posters too but it will be on photo quality paper and charged by the metre at £7.69 for gloss on 195gsm and £5.49 for matt on 120gsm.


Decided to list all the items I had purchased to complete this project - I will share them here ....
67.62 Blurb books
15.99 Business cards
24.98 Vinyl holders
44.50 Helvetica products to resell
20.00 Tee shirt
62.34 Printer Ink
60.00 Trip to Cardiff
28.64 Postcards
13.00 Double sided paper

I also bought 3 books about helvetica and the blue ray disc of the film was bought as a Christmas present.

TOTAL COST around £350.00

I am hoping that some items will be purchased at the show and that will help re-coup some of the costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment