13 May 2010

Thoughts - 12th May 2010

12th May 2010
Have not been considering the FMP for last few days after the trip to Cardiff and getting the images prepared for the book - as I have been working with Sally in the marketing section at Burton College taking photographs to be used in the part-time prospectus for Sept 2010. As there was a rumour about being paid I decided to take on this commission. This is in spite of having a very tight deadline for my FMP work. This commission will help fund it and so is very welcomed. I heard today that there might be an 'Artists' Market' on Saturday 19th June - the day after our preview evening. The idea would be for us to sell prints. Now this is exciting. If it happens then I will need a huge chunk of cash up front in order to stock my stall. We have not been given details about this yet so not sure if it will happen but this is another reason for accepting the commission.

Deadline for sketchbook is 28th May and it will be marked over half term. When we are back after half term the boards will be set up and painted and ready for us to start hanging our work/creating our exhibition.

Thinking about my FMP whilst I have been photographing other students and working out how much of my schedule it has eaten into means I need to slightly rethink the end product of my FMP. I have decided that I will do 'a', 'b' and 'c' and not go to Derby for the 'd' book. The 11 hours I have spent on the prospectus work with Sally would have been the 11 hours needed to go to Derby and process the images and create the pages.

Considering if I should stick with the blue negative space shape on the wall or think of something else that shows off my photography a little more.

Also considering how the front covers of the books will look. The current design is a bit 'samey' and am worried that people will think they are looking at 3 copies of the same book. Whilst I was in Cardiff there was some lovely dragon imagery which I photographed and I think that might look good on the front cover of the Cardiff book.

No comments:

Post a Comment