03 October 2009

My Images - Spiral Staircase

EXPLORING STILL LIFE
Spiral Staircase at Warwick Castle

Found this spiral staircase very exciting and it reminded me of a Henri Cartier Bresson image. I was using Canon 300D with 18-200mm zoom lens.
0201 has my feet, the camera strap and another person in the image and it is poorly composed as you can see the window ledge.
0202 the composition is much better but the full sweep of the staircase has been cut on the left of the image.
0203 this is much better with the stairs visible all the way until they are hidden behind the top of the stairs.
I decided to process these to see if I could tidy them up - the wood on the handrail nearest to the camera was too bright so I burned that part of the image so that the wood was a similar shade to the stairs. I converted to black and white but not quite because I wanted to keep the almost metallic Green on the main handrail. The results can be seen below.

CRW_0202

CRW_0203

CRW_0203

CRW_0203

The spiral staircase was inspired by this image by Henri Cartier-Bresson.

No comments:

Post a Comment