26 July 2010

Family Book - update

The Overton Family Book
What a project.
I did say in my FMP blog that I would be working on this over the summer. I have been to see three aunties and an uncle so far to scan their family photos. This has been great fun. I have found images of my Mum and Dad and of me that I had never seen before.

I love this one of Mum in her sexy boots. This is at Auntie Gwen's wedding in 1968.


The big task is to try and find an original un-sun-bleached version of this photograph for the front cover.


It is the only family photograph that has all 13 brother and sisters on it. Usually Norman was behind the camera but in this image Dorothy has taken the photograph so that he can sit down with his brothers and sisters. In the meantime I shall try to see if I can get some of the detail back by tweaking it in photoshop. The best thing to do would be to go and see Uncle Norman and see if he has the negative of the original image.

I have decided that the book should be 10" x 8" but that i shall lay it out landscape rather than portrait. I am going to create it using Blurb software as I had success with that creating my three helvetica books for the FMP.

Linky to the three Helvetica books is to be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment