11 November 2009

Shoot idea

Doing some research before going to bed paid dividends as I woke up the other morning with a great idea for the book cover. The idea initially was to take 3 shots and take these 3 images and layer them in photoshop. As this is something that could be achieved in the darkroom I thought about what the 3 shots would need to look like.
The first image needs to be an old man seated smoking with a whisky nearby.
The second image needs to be a young man seated smoking with a Guinness nearby.
The third image needs to be colourful stained glass window.

It needs to look something like this:

Other notes:
  • The images of the men need to be dark - 'film noir' feeling.
  • They do not need to be recognisable.
  • Lots of darkness around them - lots of shadow.
  • Perhaps only side of the face and smoke visible.
  • Stained glass to be colourful but have an ethereal quality and be the only source of light.
  • The stained glass window needs to be over exposed or blurred or perhaps a crash zoom.

After discussing my ideas with Chris I have decided that I need to set this up in the studio. I need to do some research so I can show Vinny/Steve what effects and shadowing I want to achieve so that they can advise me on the best set up for the studio and lights.

I will need to create a 'fake' stained glass window and have ideas on how to make that.


1 comment:

  1. Sound great. Good luck capturing your image.
    Have a lovely weekend and all the very best.

    ReplyDelete